LIS is looking for capable, earnest, mature, motivated and talented individuals to join our team. Applicants will be working closely with senior staff to design and implement a variety of projects in the private and public realms with numerous opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Efficiency and Client Service is at the core of LIS. LIS utilizes a free range office environment (applicant must be comfortable working from their home) offering applicants/staff the freedom to manage their time as they like as long as their tasks are completed in a timely and professional manner. The range of our experience gained over 28 years of consulting includes the full spectrum of irrigation design from the master planning of new communities to detailed construction packages and project management. Please visit the projects and services pages of our website to see what we have been up to lately. www.lisdesign.ca
- Design Associate (2 – 5 years of experience)
- Project Manager (5+ years of experience)
- Landscape Architectural Technology diploma from NAIT, Irrigation Association Certified Designer and Auditor certificates highly recommended;
- A University degree in Irrigation or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, preferred, not required;
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
- Strong written, graphic and verbal communication skills
- Experience with GPS and mapping software is an asset
- Ability to meet unreasonable deadlines, represent the firm professionally with clients and suppliers and manage work load independently are essential.
- Knowledge and experience in the technical aspects of design and drafting including irrigation products and manufacturers, hydraulics, plant-soil-water relationships, mechanical engineering and construction specifications are an asset.
- Work in a self-structured collaborative team environment
- Produce conceptual and technical drawings in AutoCAD 2015 and LandFX (Windows OS)
- Assist with the development of design guidelines, precedent packages and studies including document layout and assembly
- Assist with construction administration
- Participate and contribute in project meetings and site reviews
- Project related organizational and administrative duties
How to Apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please Apply Online or submit your resume and portfolio to email@example.com by February 15th, 2016. Thank you for your interest! We will be in contact with selected candidates.